Before you begin, read the Candidate Handbook in its entirety.
Follow these steps to apply to sit for the Certified Pain Educator (CPE) Examination.
1. Check Your ASPE Membership Status
You must be a current member of the American Society of Pain Educators (ASPE) to have access to the CPE credential. Not yet a member? Join now.
2. Review the Eligibility Criteria
Before beginning to enter information into the online Application Form, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria to sit for the exam.
3. Complete the Online Application Form
Go to the Application Form, print and complete.
4. Assemble Your Documentation
You must provide the following documentation of having met the eligibility criteria:
- Copy of your license to practice as a healthcare professional.
Note: Must be current. Copy both sides of the license if any information appears on the reverse side.
- Copy of credit certificates/statements for 30 hours of pain-related continuing education activities certified for Category 1 CME/CPE/CE or other professional credit.
Note: Credits must have been earned within the last five (5) years.
5. Send to ASPE
Send completed applications (ie, application form, required documentation, payment method) to the ASPE using a trackable shipping method (eg, Federal Express, UPS, etc.). All materials must be submitted together in hard copy form to the following address:
American Society of Pain Educators
6 Erie Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Attention: CPE Exam
Phone: (973) 233-5570
6. Await Application Approval
The ASPE will acknowledge receipt of your application materials via e-mail. If your application is accepted, you will receive an Approval Letter containing the information needed to register for a Testing Center, date, and time to take the examination. If the Society needs additional information to complete its review of your application, you will be contacted via e-mail.
For More Information